Thursday, February 28, 2013

That's life.

Sick kids are an entirely different story when you're a mom.

My son seems to attract germs. I just got a text message from daycare saying he has diarrhea. Yesterday I woke up to him covered in vomit. Last night my daughter came home with a fever of 103.7.

It's exhausting. It seems like they've been sick all winter. Like we'll never catch a break.

Oftentimes I jokingly say I'm going to sell them to the circus. However, I feel as though the circus would try to return them.

I love my kids. I hate seeing them sick. Last night, my daughter didn't get off the couch all night long. Didn't even eat dinner, poor girl.

Doing the full time job and full time mom thing... it's a lot.

Onnn the bright side! Hubby and I have officially booked our first cruise - to the Bahamas! We're also going down two days early to check out Orlando and probably Universal Studios. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't insanely excited. Our hotel looks pretty much amazing. While I know I'm gonna miss my kids, I also know we're gonna have a blast.

Next time we'll take the kids. Right now, we need a little bit of time to just be grown ups and take advantage of all that entails without worrying about an early bedtime!

Sounds amazing, right? Well its all paid for an non-refundable so it better be. (Ha. Ha. Ha.) And honestly? It's about time. We deserve a break. Life gets a bit heavy sometimes.

That's enough of my babbling for today.

Au revoir!
Alex.Is

No comments:

Post a Comment